Paneer Tikka Masala, a fabulous combination of spicy creamy gravy and perfectly grilled Paneer cubes is the yummy recipe that one should never miss out. This is a very famous Punjabi dish most of the people love to eat and can be served with Roti, Pulka, and Fried Rice. This is a quick recipe you can make easily with all available ingredients in the kitchen. Check it!
- Thick curd – 1 cup
- Cumin powder – 1/2 TBSP
- Tomato – 3
- Coriander powder – 1 TBSP
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 TSP
- Turmeric powder – A pinch
- Lime juice – 1 TSP
- Kasoori methi – A pinch
- Curd (thick) – 1 Cup
- Cashew – 5 to 6
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder – 2 TBSP
- Oil – 5 TBSP
- Onion – 3
- Capsicum (diced) – 1
- Paneer (diced) – 300gms
- Garam masala powder – A pinch
- Fresh Cream (according to taste)
- Take a bowl and add thick curd, red chilli powder, salt, kasoori methi powder, lime juice and a little oil.
- Add diced Capsicum, Onions and Paneer.
- Mix well and marinate for 45min to 1 hour.
- In a non-stick pan, add one tablespoon of oil, marinated paneer and vegetables, and cook both sides, (you can keep burning charcoal wrapped in aluminium foil in the pan to get the authentic taste of tikka) once it is done keep aside.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions into fine pieces or else you can make onion paste.
- Now take Tomato, Cashew and Curd together to blend them into a fine puree. Adding Cashew will give a creamy texture to the gravy and also increase the taste (you can skip cashew if you feel it not necessary).
- Take a pan and add oil, Chopped onion/Onion paste, salt, turmeric, ginger garlic paste.
- Mix well and cook for 3minutes.
- Now add tomato puree, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and again mix well.
- Let it cook till you can see oil spilling out of the gravy.
- Once it is done, add water as required, bring it to boil, and then add cooked Paneer, Capsicum and Onions, Garam masala powder, and fresh cream as needed.
- Leave it for 3minutes.
- Add little sugar to adjust the taste and adjust the seasoning and consistency if needed.
- Finally, garnish it with some chopped coriander and fresh cream.
The Tasty Paneer Tikka Masala is ready now! Serve hot.